• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

reefs2go REVIEWS?? (Any thoughts??) Rate Topic: -----

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:15 PM (#1) User is offline   JohnT87 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Friends
  • LocationPensacola, FL

I have ordered from reefs2go a few times now (3 to be exact), and have had decent interaction with their friendly staff. Although 2 out of 3 is good, 3 out of 3 would be better. I am not sure if it is due to my receiving free shipping being a florida resident but i feel as though my order was somewhat less important to them. :?:/> hmmm not sure.
I had 2 excellent purchases and received orders just fine, with that said i recently placed an order through them and i know there are sometime human errors but my ordered was flopped twice (the same order!!).

Just curious of anyone elses experience with them??
I am only urged to write this post as my neighbors' (whome i assisted get into the hobby) order was recently flopped.

Not saying anything negative towards them as they have the lowest prices on snails, crabs, and any other livestock that i would care less to "Have-To-Look-At-In-The-Store" (such as fish, which i have to buy upon sight).

BTW-They eventually "F-I-X-E-D" the order....

-V/R John T

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:17 AM (#2) User is offline   aedwards 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationMilton

I looked at their site and can never tell what I'm about to buy. There's no size discription on anything? Pretty weak in my opinion.

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:04 AM (#3) User is offline   JohnT87 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPensacola, FL

I agree, they dont really have any pictures of the store or what kind of setup they are using to propogate. Would be nice to see what you are buying.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:21 AM (#4) User is offline   jadeguppy 

• jadeguppy
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationNavarre, Fl

I've bougt shrimp and a few other odds and ends from them with good results. They are also a sponsor of the club and offer a discount to club members (see member forum). I did have a doa shrimp, but they credited it without a problem. They have a buy-one-get-one on shrimp right now and I plan to order again. Besides, you can't beat the free shipping.

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:03 AM (#5) User is offline   Yardboy 

• El Presidente
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: FPRS Member
  • LocationPanama City Beach, Florida

They are a sponsor but don't have a link on the sponsors page? Or is it because I'm at work?

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:24 AM (#6) User is offline   Jawfish 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationValdosta, GA

I have ordered from them several times and communicated with Cristina there a lot. They are my favorite supplier. They even went to the trouble of sexing Harlequin Shrimp and Yasha gobies for me and I was completing pairs. Have yet to find another supplier with such good service and attention to my order.

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:47 AM (#7) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationWest Mobile, AL

How were the yasa hasha's? I have two on the way from them.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:03 AM (#8) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Update on my order.. I'm just getting frustrated with them because the order I have is for 2 people, Myself and my wifes work. I have my part paid for but my wife has been calling for 2 days now with no responce to her voice mails so her office can pay. They can not do paypal and the best way is to do it over the phone with their CC. I really wanted this shipment to come this week. We will see if that happens. Midnight tonight is the cutoff for that but the budget lady at my wifes office will only be in until 3 eastern time. Crystal has been good about responding to my emails and the changes I have made since I first put in the order, but to not answer your phone or return calls for 2 days is kind of odd.

On another note my order from Mrcoral came in in great shape and the free shipping and free maxima clam was a bonus. At least this order they shipped it to the fedex holding facility like I asked. The last time they didn't and I had to wait around until 10:30 when it was delivered. I picked this one up at 8 this morning.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:14 AM (#9) User is offline   SWINGRRRR 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPensacola

Drew, i just talked to a buddy of mine that I referred to R2G. He ordered a bunch of CUC stuff and a fish and he has not heard anything also. I think he said he ordered on Wed. for a Tues delivery. He hasn't heard anything at all from them.
Hope it works out for you.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:01 AM (#10) User is offline   cassjade 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPensacola

I've had 2 good experiences with them. One of the times I had to call and check on an order because we were supposed to get a bad tropical storm. My order was scheduled to ship at the same time the storm was coming and I was worried that it would get stuck in transit. The from Reefs2go called me right back from her caller ID because I didn't leave a message and we worked out a plan B for the shipment.

I hope you all get the service that I have gotten from them.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:23 AM (#11) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

I've read good reviews from them at other places so I'm not too worried, just find it odd that they do not answer the phone or return phone calls. I mean I have a chain of 20 e-mails back and forth going back to the middle of last week to work out the lagistics with having my wifes office paying for half of the order.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM (#12) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Well now 2 days have gone by and my wife still hasn't been able to talk to anyone at reefs2go to pay for her works part of the order. We started this order early last week I think it was and I paid sunday night or monday morning. My wife has called numerous times both monday and today and left messages both days. I sent an e-mail to them today asking that they call her while the budget lady is still in the office and I haven't heard back. Since we started this order early last week I will be really disappointed if we do not recieve everything that we ordered, whenever we finally get it shipped. I was hoping it would be for this friday but we won't be able to finish the payment in time to make the cutoff for friday delivery. Maybe if I'm lucky they will still send it for friday since part of the order is already paid for. It seems like poor customer service when you can't get in touch with anyone for 2 days or have them call you back. If the livestock is in good shape I may just order again from them but at this point that doesn't look too likely. I've purchased inverts from another place in florida in the past and was happy with that experience. This place has dropped the ball so far.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:56 AM (#13) User is offline   Jawfish 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationValdosta, GA

I still have 1 Yasha, a female. I need a male when I get the cash. If you need help sexing, it is the dorsal fins. Males have dark tips, females are entirely clear/yellow.

Dont worry about the order, it should all come in. R2G is a small family run business, they just can't always get to the phone.

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:48 AM (#14) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Well the order is going to be coming in tomorrow. I had sent an e-mail tuesday asking her to call my wife at work to get things paid for. She e-mailed me wednesday moring saying she would do so and that she was out of the office all tuesday. My wife called once she got to work and once again no answer. I then sent another emial letting them know my wife would be leaving work early. I guess they read their e-mail about 5 minutes before my wife left work and they called her, but she already left. They got things worked out and the order will be here tomorrow morning. I just don't like the fact that it took 2 and a half days just to talk to someone live on the phone after leaving messages every day and calling multiple times a day.

I hadn't even thought about sexing the yasha's. So I may get two of the same thing in.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:35 PM (#15) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Well the order came in this morning and I'm happy with the livestock. I acclimated everything and left for work so we will see how it does when I get home. I was happy with the size of the fish and most of the inverts. I'd probably order again despite the bad communication with them, although I probably wouldn't do a group order unless 1 person was paying for everything. That became a pita.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:05 PM (#16) User is offline   Yardboy 

• El Presidente
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: FPRS Member
  • LocationPanama City Beach, Florida

YAAAAAAY!
Glad it worked out well for you. No fun getting ripped on an order.

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:56 PM (#17) User is offline   fishfood 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Yea, Just poor customer service on their part. Had my wife not heard from her that day I was ready to just cancel the order and deal with someone who really wanted my business.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options